Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blackberry vs. iPhone


Ever since its introduction in 2007, I have wanted an iPhone. You have seen the commercials. You know, the ones showing how iPhone apps can solve pretty much any problem you might face, from traffic reports and weather updates to movie times and where to find the cheapest gas. Hey, there's an app for everything!

My dad and I use/are bound to a seemingly never ending contract with Verizon Wireless, but we have been trying to switch to AT&T for over a year now, just so we can have iPhones.

However... this past weekend I joined Team BlackBerry.

After my last phone, the LG voyager, took a dive into a drink on Friday night (and after a failed attempt at removing the water in the phone by submerging it in rice), I headed to the Verizon store in hopes that I could finally end my contract and get an iPhone. Well, surprise surprise, that was not really an option. I reluctantly started browsing through the phones that Verizon offers. The sales guy suggested the new BlackBerry Tour, which provides internet access, streams a maximum of 10 email address into your message inbox, features Facebook, MySpace, and Flickr applications, provides a high quality video camera, and offers many other useful tools.

Lets just say I bought the phone on Saturday-- Its Tuesday, and I have not put the thing down.

I love having my emails, facebook notifications, and messages streamed into ONE place. I prefer the Blackberry keyboard as opposed to the iPhone touchscreen. Yes, the iPhone has an unlimited number of applications that could provide hours of entertainment, but the BlackBerry is more reliable. The iPhone may be a great toy, but the BlackBerry is a better phone. One of my best friends has been through 7 iPhones in the past year due to broken screens and/or problems with dialing phone calls and texting. My dad has had his BlackBerry for over a year now with zero problems. I am thrilled with my new BlackBerry and I think I can finally say that I can live without an iPhone... I can always ask for a iPod Touch for Christmas, right? haha!

What do you think? BlackBerry or iPhone??

No comments:

Post a Comment